Saturday, April 9, 2011

So Seventies-Lucky Brand Wooden Platform

So Seventies
I found these big shoes, (favorite kind of shoes), at a Macy's in San Antonio, TX. I felt as if I could pass these off as vintage wooden platforms from the seventies, although, they might possess that extra hint of modern to take away from that previous statement.

Either way, I love them to death. As you can tell, they've become well acquainted with pavements of all sorts and even encountered some corners. What can I say? I beat them up. They become a little more charming with each scuff as well as a little less attractive to the eye. Oops.

Quite often do these shoes get complements. I am also questioned as to how I walk in them. You see, the sole is completely wooden and has absolutely no flexibility. However, on courageous days, I sometimes wear these for 8 hour shifts. They're just the cherry on top to most of my outfits. I can go to work looking something like Mother Teresa but these shoes some how pull it all together and make it so chic.

Overall, easy to walk in with some practice and prudence. Extra emphasis on the prudence, especially since I think I may have fractured my toe today with a clumsy moment. Beauty is pain, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment