Saturday, April 9, 2011

American Apparel Fitted Turtle Neck Crop Tee

Crop Tops
This trend has already caught on pretty quickly and I find it hard to believe, people go crazy over crops! American Apparel seems to get this one right. Especially this style of crop top. It is so wonderfully 90's and reminds me for some reason of Jennifer Aniston circa Friends.

I love this tee and, of course, already purchased it in black and nude. In the above picture, the color is oatmeal and as soon as I can get my paws on it, I will. The proportion of a crop top is interesting and aesthetically pleasing. For those of you brave enough, it might be a trend that you should try.

A fitted crop tee with a floor length skirt, a fitted crop tee with some high waist shorts or wide leg pants. To do it right, the proportions should balance out each other. If it's tight on top, make sure the bottom half is somewhat voluminous. If it's loose on top, pair it with a hip hugging bottom. It all depends on what shape works best for your body.

Final verdict: the crop top will be a prominent staple in my wardrobe over the summer. Hopefully come fall/winter I can find one that is long sleeve with a scoop back!

No comments:

Post a Comment